Within the EU, OT associations that belong to COTEC support their membership to use evidence- based Practice(EBP) to different levels in their practice.
COTEC is convinced that evidence- based practice is vital to underpin Occupational Therapy practice throughout Europe..
COTEC endeavours to further support Member Associations to stimulate their members to work according to current EBP knowledge and principles.
Under the following headings of this section of the COTEC website, you can find information on EBP which is relevant and inspiring, beginning with the NEW downloadable PDF:
2. Links to Occupational Therapy EBP networks
From the World Federation of Occupational Therapists
3. Links to Occupational Therapy EBP Networks worldwide
Centre for Evidence Based Medicine at Mount Sinai Hospital, Canada
Occupational Therapy EBP Group at McMasters University (Canada)
·Canadian Pediatric Evidence resources
OTDBASE - International occupational therapy journal literature
From Australia OT Seeker (Australian resource that evaluate systematic reviews)
4. Articles dealing with Evidence Based Practice
5. RelatedOnline Databases
- AMED - Allied and Complementary Medicine has a selection of journals in complementary medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, rehabilitation, podiatry, palliative care and other professions allied to medicine
- CINAHL - Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature is the most comprehensive resource for nursing and allied health literature
- Cochrane - A suite of databases of systematic reviews and clinical trails
- HMIC - Health Management Information Consortium is a compilation of data from two sources, the Department of Health's Library and Information Services and King’s Fund Information and Library Service
- MEDLINE (Medical Literature Analysis and Retrieval System Online) is the National Library of Medicine's premier bibliographic database covering the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences.
- PSYCINFO - Psychology and related disciplines provides access to international literature in psychology and related disciplines
- Social Policy and Practice - A suite of databases of systematic reviews and clinical trails provides evidence-based social policy, public health, social services, and mental and community health